April 5, 2018
5 Things Your Dog Will Love About Burlington
Posted by: Linda Wolf
Burlington offers an endless number of things for us humans to see and do, but you might be wondering how you can spend your getaway exploring the city with your furry friend? As Burlington's only historic bed and breakfast to offer a home away from home for both you and your pet, we're your number one stay destination when visiting Vermont. So, without further ado...
1. Most stores along The Church Street Marketplace and surrounding streets allow pups, some even offer treats and refreshments!
2. In the summertime, patio seating at many restaurants are prime spots for lunch and dinner dining with great opportunities for people and dog watching. The most dog friendly patio seating in Burlington are Sweetwaters, The Skinny Pancake, and The Red Onion.
- The Truck Stop happens every Friday night from Mid-May to the end of September and offers dozens of food options from Burlington's eclectic group of food trucks. You should expect to join anywhere from 500-3,000 people all socializing, eating and swooning over the cutest dogs in town.
- The Burlington Farmers' Market is a year round market. In the winter months you can find growers from around the state selling produce, pre-packaged foods and crafts at the Dudley H. Davis Center on the University of Vermont campus. In the summer, the number of vendors doubles (maybe triples) and they take over City Hall Park every Saturday from May through October. It's a great place to taste what Vermont has to offer, meet the locals and hang out with your dog in our fair city.
4. Looking to take Fido on a nice stroll? We recommend heading straight down Main Street, bearing right at One Main and heading towards Waterfront Park. From here you can hop on the Island Line Trail that runs north and south along Lake Champlain. The multi-use path was recently renovated and offers access to two city dog parks.
5. Quench your thirst with a ice cold brew at Burlington's dog friendly breweries. Pull up a chair and enjoy our craft beer at Vermont Pub & Brewery, Citizen Cider, Zero Gravity, Switchback or Simple Roots.
If you're looking for a dog friendly bed and breakfast in Burlington, Vermont, look no further! Book Now!